Google is currently testing their upcoming Android 11 OS update via developer preview builds. The first developer preview released a couple of months ago with some stunning new features and so far we have got 4 updates. The latest Android R DP 4 brings some great improvements and features to look forward to the public release happening just next month. Yes, this is the last preview build as Android just recently announced that the beta or public release will be coming on June 3, 2020. Some great changes come to the new Pixel launcher, Pixel Themes app, and new Styles and Wallpapers APK based on Android 11.
Google introduced a new Pixel launcher and two new customization and themes apps called the Pixel Themes and the Styles Wallpapers Picker app with the Pixel 4 and 4 XL.
Pixel Themes is a newly added app for theming and customizing various UI elements of Android firmware. It allows users to easily customize their Pixel phones with new accent colors, icon shapes, and fonts. This is the first time Google has stepped into providing UI customization built right into the phones. Combing this with the latest Pixel Launcher and wallpaper picker APK, it covers the entire system settings. However, in order to theme your previous generation phones, you’ll also need to install the Styles and Wallpapers app as well.
The latest Android 11 Pixel Launcher comes with some new features like suggested apps on the home screen, increased touch sensitivity option for the Pixel devices, added Motion Sense gestures for music, revamped Notification History page, new screenshot preview, and more. It also include pull down for notification panel gesture when you swipe down on the home screen. The current Pixel Themes app brings new Hexagon and Flower Icon Shapes.
It also comes pre-loaded with several features like support for navigation gestures, dark mode/theme, app actions, notifications dots, new swipe down gesture to pull down notification panel, and support for Google’s styles and wallpapers app.
Features of Android 11 Developer Preview 4 include:
- “Select all” button for text in the recent apps switcher overview
- Picture-in-picture windows are now resizable!
- New Hexagon and Flower Icon Shapes in Pixel Themes
- Wireless Debugging now has a Quick Setting tile
- Connected Preferences now links to Android Auto
- Notification counts are shown in the preview
Upcoming features for Android 11 beta or stable build:
- Remove apps from suggestion row in App Drawer
- Hybrid Hotseat: Suggest replacement apps for missing positions in the app dock
- New Controls Menu, such as home automation shortcuts in the power menu
- Preparation for “Schedules” settings, so you can schedule everything from DnD to night light to dark mode
- Battery Share is now Reverse Charging
- Pixel Launcher is preparing a gestures tutorial
- Pixel Themes is preparing grid size customization for the Pixel Launcher
- Unified Hotspot & Tethering Settings
Download Android 11 Pixel Launcher APK
Here is the latest Pixel Launcher R extracted directly from Android 11. Here, we have the original Google Pixel Launcher (un-touched) directly extracted from Pixel phones. This launcher is targeted towards Android 10 or later. So it should work on most of the previous generation phones including Pixel 4 (XL), 3 (XL), 2 (XL), 1 (XL), and the 3a as well.