A number of Google Pixel customers are perplexed by repeating notification sound alerts that ring randomly on their gadgets with none identified supply.
In consequence, there have been loads of complaints concerning the difficulty on official Pixel Cellphone boards.
It’s simply telephone pings everytime with none purpose… And the sound is definitely the charger plug in plug out sound
I’ve this drawback, a 3 notice audible notification. My NFC connection is ready off. Please publish an answer to this!
Customers describe the notification tone as recurring in nature that will even ring a number of occasions in fast succession. It’s a descending three-note sound that’s not too completely different from the default charging alerts.
Judging by the experiences, the sound additionally happens in various frequencies for the complainants. Some acknowledged that their telephone rings randomly a couple of occasions all through the day, whereas many others noticed that their telephone fairly irritatingly, rang continually.
A Product Knowledgeable had advisable the customers to test the notification logs each time the telephone rang with the difficulty. This bore no fruit although, as most customers reported that their notification logs didn’t show something untoward.
A few customers additionally famous that the alert sounded much like the NFC alert. And upon turning off NFC, their presumptions have been deemed right because the alerts ceased utterly.
Nevertheless, the above holds true for a choose group of customers with NFC-supported gadgets. There are additionally many customers that reportedly had their NFC turned off and have been but dealing with the difficulty.
If you’re considered one of such customers, then you’ll be able to attempt the below-mentioned workarounds.
Workarounds for the repeating notification sound on Pixel telephones
1. Test for NFC-supported equipment: It might be potential that an NFC-supported object in shut proximity to your Pixel is triggering notification alerts. An instance of such objects might be NFC bank cards.
2. Test for Bluetooth gadgets: Additionally ensure that your machine isn’t continually making an attempt to connect with some Bluetooth machine. This may happen if the Bluetooth connection is of poor energy because of the gadgets being too removed from one another.
3. Different related gadgets: You may as well attempt performing the identical collection of steps because the consumer beneath when you make use of a wi-fi printer.
My beep noise was not the nfc… It was a wi-fi printer that I put in. I needed to go to settings, related gadgets, connection preferences, printing companies, then change the default print service to off
4. Clear your USB port: In case your notification tone seems like charging alerts, then it might be fairly potential that your machine is falsely detecting a charging cable. Cleansing the USB port might assist on this case.
5. Reset app preferences: A consumer has reported that for some purpose, resetting app preferences fastened the issue for them. You may attempt the identical by means of Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps.
Then click on on the 3-dot menu on the highest and choose the “Reset app preferences” choice.
6. Test notification log: If not one of the above appear efficient for you, then your final resort might be making use of the notification log already talked about above. It might be fairly potential that an app is misbehaving, resulting in points like these.
To entry the notification log in your Pixel, maintain down on the homescreen. Subsequent, open up Widgets > Settings shortcut > Notification log. Now, simply try the shortcut widget each time your telephone rings to determine its supply app.
Notice: The above workarounds can equally be tried on different gadgets plagued with the identical problem.
With that being mentioned, tell us within the feedback beneath if the above workarounds did the job for the repeating notification sound problem in your Google Pixel machine.
Make sure you additionally try our devoted Android 11 bugs/points tracker for additional protection on points like this.
PiunikaWeb began as purely an investigative tech journalism web site with important deal with ‘breaking’ or ‘unique’ information. Very quickly, our tales bought picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and lots of others. Wish to know extra about us? Head right here.
Wish to work for PiunikaWeb? You may be glad to know we’re hiring.